Instructions for completing Application:CAM POSEY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUNDThe Cam Posey Memorial Scholarship Fund grants scholarships to qualified individuals to attend college or vocational training within the State of Texas in the order of need and preference as follows:
- Sons and daughters of Marines who have lost their lives in the line of duty;
- Sons and daughters of active members of the Department of Texas, Marine Corps League, or Marine Corps League Auxiliary;
- Grandchildren, and great grandchildren of active members of the Department of Texas, Marine Corps League, or Marine Corps League Auxiliary;
- Members of the Department of Texas, Marine Corps League, Marine Corps League Auxiliary, or any honorably discharged Marine in need of vocational training.
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING A SCHOLARSHIP:
- A letter from the applicant’s high school concerning the student’s ability, with a transcript of grades and a recommendation as to further education;
- A letter from the applicant with a brief life history, choice of studies, and college preference. A recent photograph (wallet size desired) of the applicant is to be attached and any connection with the Marine Corps League or United States Marine Corps, if any, should be noted
- A hand-written essay of approximately 250 wordson the subject of “Americanism” from thebapplicant;
- Completion of the application.
- Note 1: The amount of the scholarship will be determined by funds available and number of applicants and will be divided equally.
- Note 2: All decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final and will not be subject to review.
- Note 3: If you have a 4 year degree you need not apply as this scholarship is not for post graduate work.
INFORMATION REQUIRED ON APPLICATION FOR RENEWAL (for prior recipients):
- Letter requesting renewal (deadline for submission is 1 May, annually);
- Copy of last semester grades;
- Proof of acceptance in an institute of higher learning.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATION OR RENEWAL REQUEST IS 1 MAY, ANNUALLY