Whether you're currently serving in the military, a veteran or a veteran's dependent, we want to help you succeed in college and enjoy the full value of your active duty or veteran's educational benefits. North Lake's VA Office offers individual academic advisement, registration, degree planning, course certification for VA benefits, and referrals for campus and community resources.
Once you have completed the admissions and registration process, you can apply for your VA education benefits.
The process for requesting certification from a DCCCD college depends on your individual situation. Here is a list of situations that may apply to you:
- A new student who has never used VA education benefits before.
- A transfer student who has used VA education benefits at another school.
- A continuing VA student who needs to be re-certified for the next term.
- A Hazlewood student (former Texas member of the U.S. Armed Forces)
- An eligible dependent of a Hazlewood (Texas) veteran.
Once you have submitted your documentation, the VA Office will need your official degree plan or Parent Institute Letter (PIL) before submitting your certification to the VA regional office.
Our processing time in our office is currently 30-45 business days once you submit all your documents.
To obtain the list of forms needed, please select the situation that applies to you on our website.