Honoring our student heroes
As a military-friendly university, SFA welcomes veterans from all branches of the United States military. You’ve worked hard serving your country, and we’re happy that you’ve decided to use your GI Bill education benefits to complete your degree with us.
Applying to SFA
Veterans can apply to SFA at any point in their post-secondary education.
- Apply as a first-year student if this is your first time attending college.
- Apply as a transfer student if you have 15 or more transferable credits.
- Apply as a graduate student for admission into one of our master’s or doctoral degree programs.
Using the GI Bill and other veteran benefits
To enact your GI Bill, Vocational Rehabilitation or Dependents’ Educational Assistance benefits, submit the following items as applicable:
- Certificate of eligibility. Apply for benefits www.gibill.va.gov using the following applications (Vets: 22-1990, Dependents: 22-1990E, Chapter 35: 22-5490)
- DD-214 (Veterans only)
- Military Transcripts (Veterans only)
- Joint Services Transcript (Community College of the Air Force Transcripts will not be on the JST)
- 28-1905 form (for Vocational Rehabilitation)
- SFA VA paperwork, contact your School Certifying Official
Hazlewood Act Exemption
Still have questions about your military benefits?
If you have questions, you may contact the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs at 888.442.4551. Or contact the SFA Office of Admissions V.A. certifying officials at 936.468.2504.
We’re here to make sure veterans get the help they need.
Local veterans associations
Pineywoods Detachment 1189Marine Corps LeagueP. O. Box 633781Nacogdoches, Texas 75963-3781www.pineywoodsmarines.org936.559.5571Veterans of Foreign Wars Memorial Post 3893, Nacogdoches, Texas936.569.9670P.O. Box 630986Nacogdoches, Texas 75961
American Legion Post 86, Nacogdoches, Texas3110 Appleby-Sand RoadNacogdoches, Texas 75965www.al86.orgDisabled American Veterans Nacogdoches Memorial Chapter 833110 Appleby-Sand RoadNacogdoches, Texas 75965936.554.6437Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 931, Nacogdoches, Texas3110 Appleby-Sand RoadNacogdoches, Texas firstname.lastname@example.orgMilitary Order of the Purple Heart Chapter 1952, Nacogdoches, Texas3110 Appleby-Sand RoadNacogdoches, Texas 75965936.462.8519
- Dual Credit
- Future Students Checklist
- Newly Admitted Students
Still Have Questions?
Learn more about your military benefits at our Veterans Resource Center (VRC.)
2017-2018 Academic Year
Application OpensAug. 1
Application ClosesPriority Benefits – Dec. 1All other applicants – First class day
Decision Letters2-3 weeks after completed application is received
Ready to Apply for Admissions?
Physical Address:Rusk BuildingRoom 206
Mailing Address:P.O. Box 13051, SFA StationNacogdoches, Texas 75962