MVPN: Trust Camaraderie Hope.
Come out and meet other veterans that have been where you are. Share your own experiences and growth. Do something fun with people that 'get' it!
Every month! Mondays:
- Armor of God Veterans Fight Club Group
- Combat Vet Support Group, Spousal Support Group @ Woodlands Methodist Chruch 7pm
- Lone Star Veterans Group
- Team RWB Functional Fitness
Mental Health Resources for Veterans in the Tri-County Area
- Veterans Crisis line. The Veteran is encouraged to call, but ANY family member or close person can call on the Veteran’s behalf. 1-800-273-8255 PRESS 1 for the VETERAN CRISIS LINE www.veteranscrisisline.net
- The Vet Center. Readjustment counseling in a wide range of psycho social services offered to eligible Veterans and their families in the effort to make a successful transition from military to civilian life. Closest Location is off W. 1960, Vet Center #731 (713-578-4002). Good news is they have a counselor that comes up to the Montgomery County Veteran Service Office in Conroe every Wednesday. Call 936-539-7842 to get an appointment. Groups and individual sessions are available in Huntsville and Liberty as well. http://www.vetcenter.va.gov/
- The Refuge Trauma and Counseling Center. Located on 75 and 3083 in Conroe. They have day- programs and a group every Tuesday night specifically for COMBAT VETERANS. The group is $5, but if you don’t have it, they will still let you in. This place is awesome because they are therapy based vs. medication. Highly recommend them. www.refugetraumacenter.com/veterans
- Give an Hour. Give an Hour is a National organization that locates local Licensed Mental Health Professionals who are willing to donate an hour of their time to counsel Veterans and their families for FREE. One hour a week. The site is very easy, just hit 'search for a provider' and enter a zip code to see providers in the area. Choose a provider and call them and say you would like to get seen under Give an Hour.www.giveanhour.org
- Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare. 24/7 Crisis Line: 1-800-659-6994 Tri-County is the local mental health authority for Montgomery, Walker, and Liberty counties. Typically, in order to qualify for mental health services, a person must meet the financial threshold and diagnostic criteria for one of the following mental health disorders: Major Depression, Bipolar Disorder, or Schizophrenia. In order to be assessed, walk-in appointments are available on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday from 8:00-11:00am. Expanded mental health services are also available if the above diagnosis does not apply; appointments are available in Conroe and Huntsville by calling 936-521-6372. www.tcbhc.org